Carlton Fields is dedicated to promoting diversity and fostering an environment of inclusion and respect. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives enrich the workplace and add value to the legal services we provide to our clients.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, we are pleased to sponsor the Carlton Fields Diversity Scholarships to qualifying first-year law students. Each scholarship recipient will receive a paid position
in our summer associate program (Tampa or Miami office) and a $5,000 scholarship. One scholarship will be awarded to a student attending a Florida law school; the second will be awarded to a student attending a law school
outside the state of Florida.
Applicants should have:
• Diverse backgrounds, including ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, culture, or disability
• Good standing as a first-year law student at an ABA accredited law school
• Possess record of achievement that demonstrates great promise for a successful legal career
• Possess a high level of work intensity and aspire to practice law in a highly focused but collegial setting
• Demonstrated leadership ability, excellent writing and interpersonal skills, and academic achievement
Eligible Applicants Must Submit the Following Materials:
• Application form (download application form)
• Current resume
• Unofficial transcript
• A personal statement describing background and interests the applicant would bring to our summer associate program and why applicant believes he/she is a strong candidate for the scholarship
• Optional: Two letters of reference from law professors and/or deans
Application Deadline: Application materials must be received by February 8, 2013.
Employment Opportunities/ Scholarships