At Morrison & Foerster we work to ensure that there are no barriers to serving clients at the highest level, or to creating opportunity for our lawyers and staff. The ﬁrm has a long history of valuing diversity, as well as promoting the importance of diversity to achieving success for our clients and ourselves. We are committed to hiring and retaining lawyers who promote diversity within our ﬁrm and the legal profession.
Morrison & Foerster will be awarding up to ten $15,000 fellowships to highly motivated ﬁrst-year law students who are members of a historically underrepresented group (noted further below). Fellowship recipients will receive a paid position as a summer associate in a U.S. ofﬁce following their ﬁrst year of law school, with the option of a position as a second-year summer associate, assuming satisfactory performance. Fellows will be assigned a team of attorney mentors during the Summer Associate Program.
The Fellowship will be paid in two equal amounts: the ﬁrst payment will be awarded at the candidate’s acceptance to return for his or her 2L summer; and the second payment will be awarded at the candidate’s acceptance of full-time associate employment following law school graduation.
Applications will be accepted through January 9, 2013. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
• Currently enrolled and in good standing, attending a full-time JD program at an ABA-accredited law school
• Excellent academic performance throughout all degree programs
• U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S.
• Member of a diverse population that has historically been underrepresented in the legal profession, speciﬁcally African Americans, Hispanic/Latino(a), Paciﬁc Islanders/Native Hawaiians, or Native Americans/Native Alaskans
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and community involvement
Fellowship applicants must provide the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Transcripts* for all degrees completed and in progress
•Three professional or academic references
For questions about the program, please contact: Nisha Pecolatto, Attorney Recruiting Manager, email@example.com.
* If your fall transcript is not available until after January 9, 2013, please submit all other application materials before that date and indicate in your email when we can expect to receive your transcript.
Employment Opportunities/ Scholarships