The Virginia Law Chapter of BLSA recognizes that the active recruitment of minority students is an integral part of maintaining a strong presence at the Law School. BLSA engages in recruitment efforts through the following programs:
- Admitted Students Open House
- Admissions Ambassadors
- Undergraduate BLSA (UBLSA)
Our chapter helps students develop the skills necessary to become successful attorneys. As such, we sponsor students to participate in the below NBLSA competitions to help students hone their advocacy skills:
- Nelson Mandela International Negotiations Competition
- Constance Baker Motley Mock Trial Competition
- Thurgood Marshall Moot Court Competition
One of UVA BLSA's primary goals is to provide educational support to its members, particularly the first-year students. To promote and sustain academic achievement, we offer a series of programs to equip students with the tools and strategies for success in the classroom:
- "How to Brief a Case"
- "What I Wish I Would Have Known" Student Panels
- Student-Faculty Receptions
- BLSA Mentorship Program
- "How to Take a Law School Exam"